Saturday, September 28, 2013

It's ART mom!

 
In all the 10 years of his life, I think this is the most shocked I've been by something my son has done. And he was being completely sincere and innocent about an act that is linked with vandalism.
 
Here's what happen...I was in the house speaking to a security system salesman. My son was entertaining himself outside. He'd come in and out sporadically to get supplies for whatever he was doing. Our front door was open, so I could see a sliver of outside. I glanced over from the dining table to see some movement outside that caught my eye. I didn't believe my eyes at first. I had to ask the salesman if he could see what I was seeing. Yep, we were both seeing it. My son was TPing my huge Oak tree out front. And he was loving it! We both got up from the table and went out front to ask him what he was doing. "Christian! What are you doing?!" He looks over at me with a huge smile, "I'm making art mom!". I was flabbergasted. Speechless. I finally found the words to be a mom again, "Honey! That's great and all, but that is making a mess and can be confused for vandalism! You have to stop doing that! I won't be able to get all that down!" So he stops. I tell him to clean it up and go back to my salesman. Christian walks in with the empty toilet paper roll and plops it onto a sculpture he had made at school and said, "There! Now my sculpture is done." He was using up the toilet paper in order to use the roll for his sculpture! He had seen some kids TPing a house in a movie recently and figured it was a fun way to get rid of the toilet paper on the roll. It was torture not to laugh out loud.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment